Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mentally Tough

Today, I had the opportunity to play 18 holes of golf at Saddle Creek Golf Club. It was the first time that I have kept score for the entire 18 holes. I shot a 105. I know that most people will look at my score and laugh. I know it's not the greatest score but I have only been played maybe 40 times in my life.

However, today was a major victory for me. I never lost it. And by losing it, I mean that I never got down on myself or lost control because I had a bad shot. Before today when I would have a bad shot, I would lose it and I would be done for the rest of the day. For me, it all goes back to Romans 12:1-2. God has changed the way that I think. Is golf really worth me getting bent out of shape? NO! Is life worth us getting bent out of shape and losing it? NO! We have to allow God to change the way that we think. Areas that I have changed the way that I think:

  • The way I view my wife, Kat
  • My job
  • People that don't get it
  • Golf
  • Softball
  • Friends
  • Struggles
  • Unanswered Prayers
  • Relationships

Does this mean that I won't lose it next time I play golf or the next time someone lets me down? No. But it does mean that if I let God change the way that I think each and every day that eventually I will not lose it, I will begin to think like Christ, Ephesians 4:22-24.

No comments: